This course is designed to help you understand and apply important Tableau concepts and techniques to move from simple to complex visualizations. You will also learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
What You Will Learn :
- Connect to your data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive
- Dashboards and publish them to the web.
Who should attend ?
- New Tableau users and those seeking a formal introduction to Tableau.